Totally Urgent Care has been recognised by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) as delivering a ‘GOOD’ service at three of its urgent treatment centres – Northwick Park Hospital, Central Middlesex Hospital, and Ealing Hospital – following an inspection from the regulator in August. CQC found services to be delivered effectively, in a caring way, responsive to patient needs and well-led.
Key findings from the inspection include:
- Clear systems in place for risk management ensuring safety incidents were minimised.
- Routine review of effectiveness and appropriateness of care undertaken, ensuring treatment and care were delivered according to guidelines.
- Staff demonstrated compassion, kindness, dignity and respect to the patients they were treating.
- Patients found the service easy to access and, receive the care they needed when they needed it.
- Evidence of a strong focus on continuous learning and improvement across all levels of the service.
Andy Gregory, Managing Director at Totally Urgent Care, said: “All healthcare services continue to be under pressure and we are therefore especially pleased to have been recognised as delivering a ‘GOOD’ overall service at Northwick Park, Central Middlesex and Ealing hospitals following CQC’s latest inspection. Our staff on-site work tremendously hard to ensure all our patients receive quality care with the minimum of waiting time.
“The inspection report highlights the excellent, accessible and compassionate service our people provide to the thousands of patients we see each month and will continue to do so as we move into the busy winter period.”
Northwick Park Hospital Urgent Care Centre is a registered location that consists of three urgent treatment centres; Northwick Park Hospital, Central Middlesex Hospital, and Ealing Hospital. The service provides urgent and emergency care for patients across a number of boroughs in North-West London. In the last year, the services have provided care to around 20,000 patients each month. As a result of this latest inspection, all of Totally's CQC registerable services continue to be rated ‘GOOD’.